Mindful Ascent Trainer Biographies
Laura Lash is an innovative organizational development professional. With a passion for psychology in the workplace, she has a natural ability to relate to your employees, whatever their ages and cultural backgrounds.
To create innovative solutions for her clients, Laura draws on her diverse background that includes work in for profit and nonprofit organizations and experience creating solutions for highly regulated industries in tough economic times.
Whatever your challenge, Laura can offer you perspectives and ideas to enable you to overcome problems and achieve organizational development goals.
Laura has designed and facilitated workplace interventions that increase employee engagement, resilience, and performance. Her approach involves a deep diagnosis of culture to achieve sustainable results.
Examples of results include:
- Led training facilitation in schools for administrators and teachers on professional development seminars related to creating a nurturing and inclusive school culture.
- Led design and implementation of corporate wellness program achieving 60% virtual participation rate, enhancing employee well-being through wearable activity trackers, monthly wellness webinars, discussion boards, and e-coaching.
- Implemented HR technology upgrades, automated transactional tasks, trained staff on technology, and improved HR efficiency, reducing recruiting costs by 45%.
Laura holds an MA in Industrial-Organizational Psychology from The University of Akron and a BS in Psychology from University of Pittsburgh.
Outside of work Laura enjoys practicing yoga, traveling, and taking care of her collie.
Since 2004, Joni Sturgill has been teaching stress reduction in the Pittsburgh area, using mindfulness, meditation, relaxation and yoga. She earned the designation of ERYT-500, has a Master of Science in Counseling Psychology and also studied at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Through her business, Healthy Body Peaceful Soul, she shares insights on mental, emotional and physical wellness to corporate populations, cancer patients, students of her training programs, and other various groups and individuals. Joni also holds a BA in Communication.
She is flexible in her approach of finding the most effective techniques and methods to help her clients be more calm, centered and productive in reaching their personal and professional goals.
Her list of corporate clients includes:
- Google Pittsburgh
- Bayer Corp/ Covestro
- Net Health Systems
- Pittsburgh Cultural District / Shared Services
- Crown Castle Inc
- JLL, Pittsburgh
- Erie Insurance
- R&Q LLC
- Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
- Healthy Start, Inc.
- American Bridge Company
Outside of work, Joni enjoys hiking, ballroom dancing, and spending time with her two sons.